The online channel is a vital component of business operations. With new techniques for stealing credit card and identity information, and constantly evolving malware targeting financial transactions, the threat landscape has never been more challenging.
The growing use of mobile devices and applications means that there are more potential avenues for attackers to exploit. These environment cybercriminals are honing their skills for defrauding consumers and the institutions with whom they do business.
Illegitimate activity in any of your internal or customer-facing online applications hurts your business. Even if your financial exposure is limited, the loss of customer trust and brand reputation can have a long-term effect on revenues. At the same time, it’s not desirable to inhibit the online channel with barriers, nor to pay for a manual review of every transaction.
ProPay, partnering with ThreatMetrix, offers a comprehensive, layered payment fraud solution that works well across a wide range of business scenarios.
The ProPay/ThreatMetrix Solution for Payment Fraud Prevention and Detection
The Global Trust Intelligence Network is the foundation of the ThreatMetrix solution. ThreatMetrix profiles tens of millions of users and their devices daily, and regularly processes hundreds of millions of logins, payments, and other transactions. The Global Trust Intelligence Network is the repository for this wealth of real-time transactional data.
- The TrustDefender™ Cybercrime Protection Platform - The TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform uniquely leverages a wealth of exclusive data from the Global Trust Intelligence Network, implementing a comprehensive process to distinguish between good customers and fraudsters.
- Profile Devices and Identify Threats - ThreatMetrix profiles desktops, laptops, smart phones, or tablets accessing your website, and identifies anomalies that indicate a high risk transaction.
- Examine Users’ Identity and Behavior - ThreatMetrix analysis incorporates comprehensive details about online user identities and behaviors such as user name, password, email address and more into a dynamic Persona ID, the foundation for precise risk assessment.
- Configure Business Rules - ThreatMetrix offers a powerful yet easily customizable Policy Engine that allows you to model your business process and incorporate your own tolerance for risk.
- Validate Business Policy - ThreatMetrix allows customers to constantly evaluate and verify risk scores, associated risks, and corresponding business policies.
- Enable Detailed Analysis - ThreatMetrix provides visualizations and analytical reports that enable your security and fraud analysts to see and understand enterprise application activity, and take the necessary steps to improve security and reduce fraud.
Protect your website against:
Transactions using spoofed identities:
Detect multiple identities using a single device, mismatches between identity and location, devices disguising their true locations, and other indicators of identity theft.MITM or MITB malware:
Use page fingerprinting to detect compromised sessions that may be redirecting or altering transaction information in flight.Bots:
Detect anomalies, unusual behavior and timing, computer-generated names and emails and other red flags, as well as known botnet participants.
Take Action In Real Time
Every business has different risk thresholds and normal user behavior profiles, and these constantly change as hackers and fraudsters evolve their attacks. ThreatMetrix provides the intelligence and tools necessary to adapt to new risks based on your organization’s needs, thereby easing your security administration’s burden and lessening the need for manual resources and reviews.
These powerful tools allow you to:
- Confidently approve transactions from legitimate,
- Be automatically alerted to developing threats as
they materialize across the globe.
- Obtain a benchmark of “Best Practices” that can be utilized to develop and tune policies and rules.
- Avoid accepting transactions from devices compromised by malware.
- Implement step-up measures or manual reviews for suspect transactions or transactions that exceed a risk threshold specific to your business.
- Deny high-risk transactions from known bad actors.
Learn more about fraud prevention and detection here:Payment FraudGlobal Trust Intelligence Network
For more info call 888.227.9856
or email email@example.com